Saturday, June 30, 2012

sewing

Here are some more flowers, I used some left over fabric from a bag I made (will show pics in a few weeks) I really like these ones with buttons in the middle, these are glued onto hairclips again.


And our church has asked for baby stuff, so I dug into my fabric stash and found enough supplies to make EVERYTHING below ... I didnt have to buy a thing. I love projects like this.

The butter yellow tracksuiting was bought last year for this exact project (baby bags/outfits) I used to make & sell these about 7 years ago, but I made them in white then and hand embroidered flowers on them.
This colour is great, for boys or girls and the outfit is perfect for little ones up to about 3 months, the ribbon drawstring at the bottom opens up for nappy/diaper changes. And keeps the baby nice and cozy while they sleep (they cant kick it off like a blanket)


I enjoyed making them 7 years ago, and stopped after Ben was born, but Im glad I have started sewing them again, they are quick to make and lovely to embellish. You can see I embroidered a hedgehog on the one of them below.
I made 7 of these - such a fun project.


I also whizzed up 2 quilts! They are just plain patchwork squares, I had already cut these flannel squares to make rag quilts (but wasnt thrilled with the one attempt) so it was quick to sew them up, after that I added batting, backing and handstitched the binding around the edges (gives a neater finish)
They both turned out "girly" because thats the fabric I had on hand, I must say I love sewing from my stash and using up the things I have.


I have also been knitting quite a bit, fingerless gloves, a pair of socks for a test knit ... but the break to do some sewing this week was good for me. With sewing (especially small items) you get almost instant results.

I also sewed some more bags, I have a huge pile of bags at the moment and dont "need" anymore! But I have a lot of fabric cut out, and I know as soon as I have made them a need will arise for them ... so Im sewing on.

No comments: