Sunday, July 29, 2012

ahoy mate! ... pirate party

So its party time again, this time its a pirate party for Ben ... here are the ideas I used

Invitations:
(sorry no picture here!)
I found a "draw your own map" image online and typed the party details inside the map. I printed it out and burnt the edges with a candle.

Bandannas:

I cut 50cm square pieces of fabric in half (in a triangle) and zigzagged the edges

Eye Patches:
I searched online for a template (there are lots and they are free) cut out the eye patches from felt and attached thin elastic to the edges.

Party Bags:

I sewed beige fabric into bags, printed a map image (found here) onto iron-on interfacing, then ironed the interfacing onto the outside of the bag, this came as a last minute idea when my first idea of drawing maps onto the bags did not work.
This interfacing idea worked perfectly and is much quicker!

Cake:

Its supposed to be an island/beach scene.
The (plastic) pirate boat is caught in the chocolate rocks in the sea (blue icing), right by the beach (chocolate icing sprinkled with brown sugar) I put 7 gold candles in the sandy section.

It turned out to be a lovely party, considering it was planned in a week... a very busy week with lots of other things going on ... and quite a few late nights!

No comments: