Thursday, April 11, 2013

Nora Ephron : I remember nothing


I remember nothing - Nora Ephron

Nora Epron was the director / screenwriter / producer of my favourite movie: YOUVE GOT MAIL, and more recently of JULIE & JULIA. She died last year.

I have been seeing this book for sale for ages but never got around to buying a copy... so a few weeks ago I picked it up (with a whole lot of others) at a warehouse sale in Jo'burg. The exclusive book sale was only advertised on social media (facebook/twitter) and they sold books by the kilogram! We went down there as soon as we saw the adverts, it was worth the drive, we got lovely books and given a few more hours to browse Im sure we would have found a lot more!
Im very blessed to be married to a man who loves books as much as I do :)



Anyway, back to the book ... apart from one chapter with bad language and another with odd content, it was a lovely book. I caught myself laughing out loud so many times while I was reading it.
I was sad to read the last 2 chapters (what I wont miss, what I will miss) as she has now died, but I thought it was a lovely thing to include for her family/friends ... she got to say what she needed to say before she died.

This book was the perfect size for my handbag and I read it whenever I was sitting around waiting over the last 2 weeks. Each chapter is a story in itself so you don't have to remember the storyline or the characters.

No comments: