Sunday, December 29, 2013

wishing you a (late) Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas! We had a full house and busy days.

A real treat was seeing my new granadilla (passion fruit) plants flowering

 
I made cupcakes yesterday, all decorated with Smurfs, I got these ready made characters at my favourite local baking supply store


We made this canvas for my Mother & Father in Law, its the first time we are all celebrating Christmas together so we all put our handprints on a white canvas - I love the way everyone chose their favourite colours to make their handprints (mine is the red one in the bottom corner)


And finally we hosted a Christmas Eve Dinner for 22 family & friends, it was lovely.
We engraved each persons glass with their name and "2013" which they took home with them and the wine glasses had a red ribbon bow and a bell tied to the stem.
(The children had a separate table (for 8) in the next room)

As you can see the colours were lime green and red, I used silver paper plates as table mats (or charger plates) I bought white polycotton to use as a table cloth and used my glittered organza overlays (that I sewed a few years ago)
I added red serviettes and crackers ... because I love crackers!

I hope you had a lovely festive season :)

No comments: