Sunday, August 3, 2014

Yarn Indaba

Ive been working the last few days, selling yarn ... it was wonderful!

There are LOTS of pictures of the yarn bomb, it was the largest one in South Africa. Over 27000 squares adorned the steps of the Voortrekker Monument, Pretoria, South Africa. These will be made into over 650 blankets that will all be donated to charity

It was set up on Friday but I finished late so I got some night time shots, a very kind man left his car lights on so I could get pictures





 
Then I left home early on Saturday so I could get some early morning shots 


This lady was an organiser, she was adjusting the blankets and in socks - the red/white tape was to keep all of us off it!

I left my little duck there to be found, I heard he was :)



Then I got a bit side tracked by the flowers! And look at the wagons on the wall!

 A few geranuims
 

 This is to show the city of Pretoria in the background


Im so proud that I was a part of this and to be a South African!

2 comments:

ruthsplace said...

Looks like it was a fabulous event! I saw some photos on another SA blog I read too. Wish I could have been there to see it.

Vikki said...

it was Ruth, I got a bit misty eyed looking from the top down.
xx