Tuesday, March 17, 2015

sock yarn blanks

I have been desperately trying to find time, the days are long and full and the last couple of mornings I've been waking up early (1am and 3am) and starting my day.
It does mean that by the time I get to the afternoon I'm finished.
 
I made sock yarn blanks a few years ago for someone else to sell, I wasn't interested in dyeing then so I didn't make any for myself.
Then a few weeks ago I got more undyed sock yarn from my LYS - and I planned to make some blanks... the plan was to use the big knitting machine but I never found a good day to unpack it.
 
After browsing online I saw that some people make sock blanks on their hand crank machines, I have one and its so quick to use, no setting up or anything. I usually use mine to knit scarves.
 
 
So I whizzed up these 6 sock blanks for dyeing at a later stage, these are all knit with 2 strands of sock wool (so I will get 2 matching socks)
 
5 are African Expressions Soul (15%Kid Mohair, 15% Mulberry Silk, 50% Merino Wool, 20% Polymide)
and 1 is Elle Sock Wool (80% Wool, 20% Nylon)
 
Here they are all folded up, ball band around the middle ... waiting to be dyed.

No comments: