Tuesday, April 7, 2015

little pillow boxes

You will need:
 
 
I have been saving cereal and biscuit boxes for a while now, I usually leave them for the children to craft with.
But today I made pillow boxes

 
First trace around your template onto the back of your cereal box.
Then score with your scissors. I used mine while they were closed (the edge is sharp enough)

 
I used the ruler and a small plate to do the scoring.
Its hard to score a rounded edge but not with a plate... try to use a ceramic plate.

 
You know if its the right size if the curved plate edge almost matches the curved edge of your box
Then cut out your box

 
Seal the edge with double sided sticky tape.
If you don't have any you can use a strong glue and some pegs to hold the sides together until the glue has dried

 
And there you have some cute boxes for giving gifts in later in the year.
 
 
You can size the template on your printer to fit whatever boxes you have.
Here I made little boxes.
I especially like the "Good Morning" box
 
If your box is not pretty you can seal it inside out and have the blank inside cardboard showing on the outside. You can see I made a few of these.
 
So now, if you are like me, you will have plans to make hundreds of boxes ...
 
What can you put in little boxes?
tea bags
money
stitch markers
buttons
gift cards
jewellery - rings, earrings, bracelets
little loom band creations (my daughter makes lots of these!)
lip balm
chewing gum
sweets
biscuit/cookie
coupons (like a free car wash etc)
little samples - perfume, hand cream, lipstick etc
little soaps
bath salts
a scented sachet (to hang on coat hangers)
seeds
 
Use them for an advent calendar or as party favours.
Use them instead of Christmas crackers.
 
If your gift inside is small and clanging around, wrap it in tissue paper first.
 

No comments: