Monday, April 27, 2015

Parkrun - eek!

No one was more surprised than me last week when I finished the parkrun!

I walked it because I'm not athletic or fit at all. So why am I doing it? because we earn points towards Discovery Vitality, and we need those to get to gold status. Last year we only got to silver so this year we are doing everything we can to earn more points.

So bundled up at 7.30am on Saturday morning we set out to the Botanical Gardens to walk 5kms. This week was our second parkrun, and I managed to walk it in 51 minutes - which was an improvement from last week.

I took a few photos after the race, on our walk back to the car.
Even now in autumn when everything seems to be turning yellow and brown, there are pretty things to look at.

guinea fowl



 
nests in the reeds



 
water lillies


 
One nice thing is that you don't have to pay the entrance fee for the Botanical Garden's if you are doing the parkrun. We have noticed a lot of families set out their picnic blankets afterwards and spend some time at the gardens. 

No comments: