Life has become so busy, I feel like all I do is play catch up.
Washing, cleaning, cooking.
Fetching, shopping, ironing.
So I took the afternoon off and repainted the bathroom cupboard doors.
I didn't take a before picture because they were gross :)
I think this bathroom was from the 80s when the house was built.
I had to buy 4 door handles and longer screws for this project, I had everything else here at home.
- painted the doors with paint I found in the garage, realized the colour was too dark ... decided to lighten it
- white washed the painted doors - diluted white acrylic paint with water.
- shoved dinner in the oven while I waited for it to dry :)
- drilled holes for the door handles - my drill is small and Sos has hidden the other one from me so I had to drill from the front and the back to make the hole go through... it took a while!
- screwed in the door handles ... as well as the drill being too short, the bit was also too thin so it was hard work screwing in the screws.
- mixed some white acrylic filler with the darker paint to fill in the old holes around the door handles ... maybe I should have done that earlier? Filled up some holes and gaps around the rest of the bathroom - since I had made up too much.
- sprayed it a few times with clear varnish ... not sure if I needed to do it ... but I thought it was a good idea.
- tidied up, cleaned the paint off my hands and served dinner.