Sunday, April 17, 2016

sewing

Ive been wanting to sew since before Easter, but everyday something comes up.
Today I found 3 hours to cut and sew this dress for Alyssa.
 
I had already taken her measurements and traced out the pattern
 
 
I saw the pattern for free with an overseas sewing magazine BUT I cant get that magazine here so I ordered the pattern from my local sewing shop. It took 2 weeks to get here.
Im so happy with it, its a lovely pattern.
 
Here is a close-up of the top

 
And the back, I chose red buttons because I thought they matched well

 
Im particularly proud of the arm holes, I used bias binding.
I think its the first time using the commercial variety.
Im proud of how neatly it sits

 
I've been watching "The Great British Sewing Bee" on TV
I saw season 1 and I've only got the last episode of season 2 to watch.
I've enjoyed it so much - its helped when I have not been able to sew myself
 
Plus I've learned things! Like how to do "stay stitching" and why its important.
 
Here is the pattern I used, I cut out a pattern in my size too (Em and I are the same size)
so you might see this pattern a few times :)
 

No comments: