Saturday, January 7, 2017

sewing a skirt

I used this pattern; New Look K6230 skirt C


it came for free with the SEW magazine about a year ago


It was a quick project, it only took this morning to make. I traced the pattern off and had to make some adjustments to the length, so I think the next one will be quicker.


I used the same fabric to sew a dress last year, this was the last piece.
I made it to fit me and it fits perfectly, since the fabric is a bit sheer I made a yellow petticoat to go underneath.

Its lovely and summery.

It is a great pattern, the skirt part is made of 2 pieces (front and back) no darts or panels, just 2 side seams and the waistband. The most fiddly part was putting in the zip and the deciding on a hem - I ended up zigzagging the edge and then turning up a small 5mm hem.

No comments: