Wednesday, February 15, 2017

prayer journal

I made a junk journal - then embellished it further to make it a prayer journal
I glued scriptures throughout and words/prompts all the way through
There is lots of space for journaling and putting in pictures

The cover is a brown paper bag covering a milk box
I glued on paper snowflakes, covered them with modge podge then a spray of clear varnish
I tied a wooden letter on the ribbon closure

inside cover is a 2017 calendar 
next page has an envelope made of a sewing pattern, it has some paper inside and a chalkboard sticker outside


I had a nice calendar last year with recipes, so I let this one flap out so the recipe is still complete
the next page is lined with a scripture glued on top


On the music page I punched out a snowflake then glued blue paper behind it


I made these tags a few weeks ago, they were the parking tickets from a nearby mall that I save each time I leave. I spent an evening decorating them.


I had a bag of leaf skeletons that I used up in this journal



I used my silhouette to cut out the word praise


Another one of those tags close up. I layered a few pictures then added a piece of tracing paper with a few sparkles stuck along the edge


This was the Lords prayer, I added a tab at the top that says "prayer"


An ID photo envelope has become a tuck spot


I tore up some scrapbooking card and sewed buttons on the corner, it added a bit of interest to the card
the green page has leaves punched out the corners and a scriptured glued down the side


I added fabric and lace to some of the paperclips
I glued a greeting card to this page


Here I left the greeting card whole and just added it to the page with a paperclip so it can be used



The back cover has an envelope, there are quite a few envelopes in this journal and 1 paper bag


 A view from the top


A close up of the closure


No comments: